4/25/2009

Catching Up

Time to play catch up.

Last weekend John got a bug up his butt and had the oh-so-wonderful idea that we should absolutely get a puppy. "Bear needs a friend." "It can grow up with Lily." "It will be so cute." All of these statements coming out of my macho man's mouth

A what?!?!

A little 4 legged creature who will pee and poop and chew on anything it comes close to? Seriously. Let's think about things..... New baby. 4 year old dog who is as close to perfect as any dog ever could be and who already suffers from being a bit ignored since Lily arrived. Both parents working full-time and who complain about our Bear "fee" of $23/month.

Anyhow, we went to "look" at the puppies. Just look. No promises made. And thankfully, no promises kept.

What a litter of cuties

"But, daddy, I promise to take care of it."

Thursday was great! Deb picked up the little one for another Deb & Lily Thursday. They always have fun together and thankfully Lily was good for her. I went to pick her up and we headed down to Cameron's house for dinner so I could introduce Lily to the girls. If Lily turns out half as wonderful as they are, I will be forever thankful.

Playing with Nelson and Bradley

To think I took care of Nelson when she was this age......this scene almost made me cry.
Boy how time flies.
JJ was going out of town with her family for the weekend so I was "forced" to take Friday off to spend it with Lily. I guess someone's gotta do it. We spent some time at the Ford dealership and left with a pimp ride.
A Crown Victoria! Woo hoo!
Explorer's traction system wasn't working properly so it will be in the shop until Tuesday. Lily and I are actually getting used to the "old fashioned" way of traveling around with just a seatbelt and carseat. We're are definitely spoiled these days with bases that the seat just clicks into.
Once we got our "new" car, we headed up to Heather's house to hang out and go to lunch.
Excited for our lunchdate

Handsome Tanner taking us to lunch

Passed out after lunch. See ya next time, buddy!

"I'm so glad mommy was able to spend Friday with me!"

1 comment:

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

I was hoping when I clicked on your blog tonight there would be new pics! I got my "lily fix!" Miss you...i am jealous of the Deb & Lily days...I want those too!