8/05/2010

Nana Camp

The following is a long overdue posting.
Most of it is from late July while John was in Alaska and Nana and Papa came to help with the Lilster. In the midst of it all, I was given an extraordinarily generous gift from my work buddies which allowed me to finally purchase a real, grown-up camera! I've been intimidated by it so it's taken me this long to download the pictures.
Enjoy!














Things that happen when Nana visits....

What do a pregnant mommy and a toddler do while daddy is away for a week???

We invite Nana and Papa to come visit and take care of us, of course!

Things we did: (and when I say "we," I mean "they")

1. Hung fans in the girls' rooms

2. Started to transition Lily into her big girl bed which included picking her up off the floor in the middle of night because she had fallen out.

3. Took Lily to get her first haircut.

4. Emptied out Kennedy's room to be ready for set up.

5. Filled Lily's room with big girl furniture!

6. Hung swings from our tree in the backyard. (When Lily wants to be pushed, she says, "I want some."

7. Had a clean house all week long.

It was loads of fun!
"Thank you" doesn't even cover it, Nana and Papa. You two are the hardest working grandparents I've ever seen and we truly appreciate it and never want to take advantage of it......well......unless I'm 9 months pregnant.


All in all, it was another week where I crammed in a lot of "firsts" for Lily. Big girl bed, haircut, new furniture, swing, and I think there may have been something else. I don't seem to be capable of spreading these things out, so wish me luck when I start trying to potty train her when I bring Kennedy home.

No comments: