7/20/2008

Weekend Wrap Up

What a wonderful ending to the week! On Friday I found out a new, good friend of mine is expecting after in vitro fertilization! Praying for a smooth pregnancy for her. Then yesterday I received a call from my dear friend Colin who had just been notified that she is the 2008 recipient of CPON of the Year Award through the Assoc. of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses (APHON)! Three of us nominated her months ago for her incredible service and dedication to the field of peds hem/onc, so I couldn't be happier that she is being recognized at the national level. (Here's a photo of her and I at our last holiday party.)
Well, after Colin's news I started thinking that things happen in 3's, right? What was the third bit of good news going to be? Around 8pm last night John calls: HE SOLD HIS FIRST CAR!!! The same customer is due to come back on Monday for a trade-in, too! WOWZA! Phew! Now he knows he can do it.
Not sure I can handle much more good news but things seem to be on a roll right now! Congratulations to all three of these amazing people!

Happy Birthday, Dad!!! 58 never looked so good, young man!

No comments: