7/18/2010

Baby #2


Dear Kennedy,

While I'm in the letter writing mood, I thought it appropriate and important to address you, too. I have not given you adequate blog time over the past 8+ months and for that I am deeply sorry. There are many excuses I could list here for you that you won't understand until you're much older but let's just start fresh.

You are my baby baby. More than likely, my last baby.
I plan to hold you much more than I held your sister and I plan to love you till the cows come home. I can't wait to see your beautiful face and look into your perfect eyes and count all your fingers and toes while listening to you gurgle and coo.

I love having you with me each and every second because I know you're safe and being taken care of. I fear the day I have to leave you behind, separated from me on your own for the first time. Just know there will always be a piece of you and your sister with me wherever I go and that I'll never be too far away.

I can't wait to see you wear bows, dress you in frills and play dress up all for a little tea party with me and Lily. The girls. Daddy's girls. You cannot even imagine what an excellent father you have here waiting to meet you, Kennedy. You already amaze him with your active tootsies and your consistent hiccups. I think he's a little bit scared (as am I) about having you and Lily all to himself two days each week, but he's going to be just fine. I'm actually more concerned that you all will end up enjoying those two days more than the four I'm planning to spend with you!

You are a sweet, little soul who I can't wait to meet and hold and kiss on. I dream of the day the nurses bring you to my bedside and hold your anklet up to my wristband to listen to the little lullabye that indicates YOU are MY baby. There won't be a better feeling in the world!

I love you, baby girl! Keep growing. Keep getting stronger. You've got quite the big sister to contend with at home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Audra, congrats! I can't wait to see photos of sweet little Kennedy . . . and Miss Lily is getting more beautiful with each photo you post. Hope everything is going well, post-delivery. By the way, this post totally made my eyes fill with tears. Too sweet!

Take care,
Emily

Unknown said...

(Awesome. My embarrassing law school nickname shows up with blog posts. Must.Fix.That.)