6/11/2009

A Week of Sunshine


The time has come for me to leave Lily for an entire week. I've been anticipating this and struggling with the decision since I first found out I was pregnant. Camp Sunshine has been a mainstay in my life since I became a nurse (minus 2 summers for various reasons) and as hard as it will be to leave my own little ray of sunshine, I know I would regret missing out on what's known as the "best week of the year." Besides, I want Lily to grow up knowing that it's a good thing to give your time to a cause you believe in, even if it means she's stuck with her father for an entire week.

2 comments:

Rodriguez Family said...

Love it - "stuck"

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

Have a great week! I know that you can sneak out for a few minutes to get a squeeze if you had too, right?!? Praying for you. This is such a big step for you and John!
I know she will be just a gem for her daddy! They always are!
Have fun being the best counselor there!