9/12/2009

Annual Apple Day

I love the children.

I looove the little children.

I loooove the po' little children.

I LOOOOOVE the po' little sick children!

This is part of the initiation for first time counselors at Camp Sunshine in the summertime. But not only does Camp provide two of the "best weeks of the year," they also provide year round programs. One of these programs is for the really little kids at the apple orchard. It always falls on the Saturday after Labor Day weekend which was today!

The kids get to learn about cows, milk a cow, take a carriage ride, sit on a bull, watch pig races, terrorize animals in a petting farm, eat lunch and pick apples. This is the third year in a row that Deb and I have volunteered and we look forward to it each year.

Of course when you do things year after year, you sort of develop annual traditions. In our case, it's a particular photo op. In fact, it's become so popular, we made the Camp Sunshine yearbook last year!


Does it get any sweeter?

Pesky little goat trying to eat my pants

Cute baby cow who actually licked me!

And here it is, folks....
Prepare yourselves.....
Deb, me and The Apple

We received a thank you video from Camp Sunshine this week that went out to
volunteers, board member and some recent donors.

1 comment:

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

That is amazing! What a gift for all of you who pour your hearts out to all those amazing kids! I know it fills your cup too:)