9/07/2012

Terrific Twos

Dear sweet Kennedy,
It amazes me how difficult it is to put into words just what you mean to me. You've just turned two.
Two years.
24 months.
In the grand scheme of things, that's really not long at all.
Then why does it seem like I've known you my whole life? That I can't imagine or remember what my life was like before you and your sister?
You.
Complete.
Me.
Here's an abbreviated list of things that make me swoon over you......
-Your oh-so-soft-and-kissable cheeks.
-The way you clap and exclaim, "YAY, DIDDY!" when we pull into the preschool parking lot to pick up Lily.
-How time-outs really don't affect you.
"Are you supposed to hit your sister?"
"Yes."
"NO! Are you supposed to hit your sister?"
"Yes."
"NO!!! Are you going to hit your sister again?"
"Yes."
At least you're honest.
-Watching your face totally light up when Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe comes on the radio.
-Teaching you to say "la la la LILY!" But instead you insist on "la la la DIDDY!"
-How your hair curls in different spots everyday.
-Feeling your hands on my cheeks as you lay a big wet one on my lips.
-Admiring the way you're trying to convey some assertiveness with Lily:
"Don't hit me, Diddy. Don't do it!.........OKAY?!?!?!?"
-Listening to you be the most empathetic two year old I've ever met:
Saying your sorry when the other person (typically your sister) should be saying it.
Being the first to offer up a hug for a boo boo.
Checking on someone when they cough asking if they're okay.
-Watching your bravery as you try to flip over or jump off of just about anything. (Daddy says you wake up in fifth gear....that you're WIDE OPEN.)
-Your sweet disposition that attracts EVERYONE to you at the park, at the doctor's office, at the grocery store, etc, etc. You are just so incredibly sweet and make absolute strangers smile!
Your 2 year stats, my big, sweet, kissable missable:
Weight: 27 lbs 3 oz
Height: 35 1/4 in
75th percentile for both
I love you to God and back.
Thank you for being you!

No comments: