2/06/2009

Aunt Wendy Visits

What a fabulous end of the week! I think I'm going to tie Wendy down and force her to stay here because I've been able to take naps everyday and get chores done around the house. Needless to say, Lily has been quite happy, as well.....being held and spoiled rotten by her Aunt Winnie. We are definitely going to have to go through an adjustment when she leaves.

Lily seems to have woken up from her baby coma so we get to look at her beautiful blue eyes more often these days. However, I made her very angry last night when I put her to bed a little bit awake. (The doctor made me do it!) I was supposed to give her 30 whole minutes to try to soothe herself, but I only lasted about 20. It seems so cruel to let them "cry it out" this early, but the doctor said it's best to do it now in order to establish good sleep habits. Whatever.

Mama with her two babies

Lily and Wendy

My sweet baby girl

1 comment:

Gale Brown said...

what? Cry it out? she's not even 8 weeks yet, is she? thats insanity! I am the queen of baby sleep obsessing if you want my two cents. I've read it all and don't really think you can expect them to "self soothe" until closer to 3 months.

She's adorable!

Gale