8/11/2009

Lily Left Eye

Sure. The only things Lily gets from me are my eyes.
And their problems.

I remember being a "kid" (teens-20s) and my dear, sweet mother saying to me, "I can tell when you've been up to no good. Your left eye gives it away every time." Lily will unfortunately have the same problem.
Oh! And "You look just like your father when you do that!" (Lily will probably hear that a few times in her life, as well.)
Not to forget my favorite (as she's vacuuming my room at 7am on a Sunday), "You play, you pay." (I will try not to use this one but I can't make any promises.)

But back to the issue at hand....
Lily has had a problem with her left eye since she was about 2 months old. She has a clogged tear duct which makes her eye run a lot more than normal. She'll have tears out of the one eye while she's smiling or just sitting being the perfect baby that she is.

It's getting worse. Yellow drainage, crustier and stickier in the mornings, etc. You'll notice in the pictures below what I like to refer to as the crusty corner.
We are starting eye drops today and will make an appointment to see a pediatric ophthalmologist just as soon as we can.


At a little charity tennis day benefiting the
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service
(where I work)


Event was run by teens for other kids to come out and play

Johnny out on the court doing what he does best!

I take that back....this is what he does best these days.
And being silly

Casey is one of the event organizers and is my fave teenager.
I hope Lily turns out half as wonderful as she is!
Lily and Bear playing well together and sharing toys.
Blue eyes galore!!!
Poor eye

No comments: